Thursday, April 14, 2011

new color palettes






THANK YOU to everyone who purchased, or tried to purchase, my pieces thru my online shop on Sunday, April 10th.  Everything sold out within the first hour!  I can still hardly believe it!  It seems that there was so much traffic on the site that some people (including myself) couldn't even get on the site for a couple of hours.  I'm terribly sorry about this.  We are working with the hosting service to make sure this does not happen again.  

In the meantime I have been working on some new glazes and would love to know what you think?  I often use pieces that have cracked in firing to paint my glaze samples on.  The  way the pieces crack sometimes create beautiful shapes and I'm quite taken with them.  



4 comments:

  1. Hello Michele,

    I especially love the glaze of the second item. The earthy and natural looking colour is so beautiful. I also like the little crack which gives it extra charm.

    You are doing such lovely work!

    Kindest wishes, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Sabine! I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all beautiful but I agree with Sabine...the second one is my favorite! Let me know if/when you decide to sell wholesale ;-)

    -beth at the indie-pendent

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could frame those glaze tests - I agree, the cracks definately have something!!

    I've always had a love of glaze tests - every ceramist has their own ways, each a little bit different. Would be fun to pull together an exhibition made purely of glaze tests as sculpture,pictures...

    ReplyDelete