Thursday, April 21, 2011

edible spring





I love spring.  I love the first bulbs to poke their noses through the snow.  I love watching the progression of the first tiny little green buds on the trees.  I'm so obsessed for signs of spring
that I write the dates down in my calendar when I notice these things.  I like to compare it to the year before, and the year before that.  Some years the arrival of spring seems to be getting earlier, and other years it seems right on time.  Here's a photo of our first radishes just picked from a planter on our terrace.  My husband made a cold frame and planted radishes, arugula, kale, Swiss chard and many other greens.  The top photo is a bunch of wild ramps that I bought at a local market.  They were picked in Roscoe, NY.  They are only available for a very short time, so enjoy them while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment